Please join us at the HIMSS NC and VA Chapters Networking Reception at HIMSS17! This year’s reception will be held at the Pub Orlando (Pointe Orlando) February 20, 2017, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. The Pub Orlando – Pointe Orlando 9101 International Dr #1003 Orlando, FL 32819 Pre-Registration is required. Register now for this Networking Reception…Details
This year’s 2017 NC HIMSS Workshop, Reception, and Winter Dinner at the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge was a great success!. We had an expert panel focusing on Data Analytics – Exploring the Big Topics, and interactive participation between the panelists and the audience. Following the panel there was a networking reception, Dinner and amazing keynote presentation by Roy Lewis the…Details
Thank you to everyone for joining us to learn how to navigate the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). Attached is the presentation summary for your review. Navigating Thru the MACRA MAZE Date: December 1, 2016 Time: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Location: Frye Regional Medical Center – Heart Tower Lobby 420 N Center Street Hickory, North…Details
Technologies to Improve Outcomes: from the Mountains to the Sea
NC HIMSS ANNUAL SPRING CONFERENCE
May 3 & 4, 2017 | Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown Hotel | Raleigh, NC
CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS – Deadline Extended to Submit: February 6, 2017
SUBMISSION ACCEPTANCE HAS NOW CLOSED
Technologies to Improve Outcomes: from the Mountains to the Sea NC HIMSS ANNUAL SPRING CONFERENCE May 3 & 4, 2017 | Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown Hotel | Raleigh, NC CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS – Deadline Extended to Submit: February 6, 2017 SUBMISSION ACCEPTANCE HAS NOW CLOSED A. OVERVIEW The North Carolina chapter of the Healthcare…Details
Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics
August 19 – 20, 2016, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Harris Conference Center
3216 CPCC Campus Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
1. Two-day conference with a light breakfast, lunch and breaks;
2. A syllabus notebook/handouts for each attendee; a one year subscription to CIN, Computers, Informatics and Nursing; a copy of the Scope and Standards of Nursing Informatics; and a copy of the textbook Saba and McCormick, Essentials of Nursing Informatics, (6th Edition).
CE Credit: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Maryland Nurses Association, an accredited approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 18 contact hours will be awarded. Contact hours will be awarded only for completion of the full two days of the course. This program is also approved for continuing education (CE) hours for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS) programs.
This conference focuses on trends and issues in practice facing the nursing professional and provides a comprehensive examination of nursing informatics theories, impact of human factors, systems analysis, and design approaches. Methods for managing information databases and systems, as well as the evaluation of computer technology systems are included. The content provides an opportunity to prepare for the ANCC Nursing Informatics Certification Exam and is conducted by certified informatics nurses.
Conference Objectives: At the completion of the conference, participants will:
1. Examine theories, models, and frameworks that could be used in healthcare and nursing informatics practice, education, administration, and research domains.
2. Distinguish among the terms human factors, ergonomics, human-computer interaction and usability.
3. Discuss system planning concepts.
4. Describe available hardware, software, and communications components for a healthcare information management solution.
5. Identify strategies to establish a solution.
6. Develop an implementation plan and project management plan for an information systems plan.
7. Evaluate the implementation of a healthcare IS solution.
8. Identify opportunities to contribute to local, state, national, and international informatics initiatives.
9. Assess readiness to complete the ANCC certification examination for nursing informatics.
Welcome, Introductions and Overview of course
- Theories Used in Nursing Informatics
- Human Factors in Nursing Informatics
- Case Studies and Group Work
- Standard I Assessment
- Standard 2 Problems and Issues Identification
- Standard 3 Outcomes Identification
- Standard 4 Planning
- Standard 5 Implementation
- Standard 6 Evaluation
- Standard 7-16 Professional Performance, Trends and Issues
Certification Process: Are you ready for the ANCC NI Certification Exam?
Course Evaluation, Certificate of Completion Award
Target Audience and Teaching Methods: This conference is designed for nurses who want to expand or clarify their working knowledge of nursing informatics. Experienced informatics nurses will find this program helpful as they prepare for the ANCC Nursing Informatics Examination. New informatics nurses will understand the breadth of knowledge and skills expected of the role. Nursing Educators and Staff Nurses on implementation teams will particularly benefit from this course. According to the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, all nurses need to utilize nursing informatics concepts in their practice.
Goals: At the completion of this workshop, the participant should be able to identify the key concepts of nursing informatics.
Purpose: This conference focuses on trends and issues in practice facing the profession and provides a comprehensive examination of nursing informatics theories, impact of human factors, systems life cycle approach, methods for managing information databases and information technology overview. The content provides an opportunity to prepare for the ANCC Nursing Informatics Certification exam and gain nursing informatics- specific contact hour continuing credit.
ANCC Questions: From the ANCC: “Requirements for eligibility to take the Informatics Nurse certification exam have been expanded to include a bachelor’s or higher degree in nursing or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (sciences, professional disciplines, or academic liberal arts).”
Test Content Outline: Please visit the American Nurses Credentialing Center at http://www.nursecredentialing.org/InformaticsTCOs.aspx
Informatics Nurse Exam References: http://www.nursecredentialing.org/Informatics-TestRefs.aspx
Questions: Contact Linda Hoover, email@example.com, 910.632.9442 or Libby Willard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of WINI: Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics
NC HIMSS is looking forward to a weekend Immersion in Nursing informatics program Friday, August 19 – Saturday, August 20, 2016. This conference is designed for nurses who want to expand or clarify their working knowledge of nursing informatics. Experienced informatics nurses will find this program helpful as they prepare for the ANCC Nursing Informatics Examination.…Details