CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS
All submissions must be received on or before Friday, February 27, 2015
The North Carolina chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society invites you to share your knowledge by presenting at their 2015 conference in Wilmington, NC.
NC HIMSS welcomes presentations that highlight activities within and across North Carolina and boundary states. Historically, well-received presentations are those that do not come across as a sales pitch. Therefore, all vendor presentations must be led and/or accompanied by a provider as a co-presenter to eliminate marketing presentations. Panel presentations are also encouraged and multiple submissions are welcome.CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
NC HIMSS will evaluate all abstracts submitted. Below is a list of suggested presentation topics for consideration:
Improving Patient Care and Population Health
• Population Health Management
• Patient Safety and Quality (Bar Coding, Positive Patient ID, Medication Management, Electronic Consent)
• Automation to Improve Clinical and Business Outcomes
• Clinical and Business Analytics/Intelligence
• Electronic Medical Record System (EMR)
• Value-Based Healthcare
• Wearable Devices
• Health Information Exchange
• Revenue Cycle / Financial Improvement
• Business Operations Optimization
• Integrated IT Governance / Strategic Planning
• IT Infrastructure, Mobility, Privacy and Security
• Electronic Health Records (EHR)/Enterprise Information Systems
B. SCORING AND NOTIFICATION
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
• Relevance to the conference theme
• Quality of the abstract (merit, style, relevance)
• Educational potential
• Absence of commercial promotion (products and services) – these abstracts will not be considered
Presenters will be notified of abstract selections in early March 2015.
C. COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
A complimentary full conference registration will be provided for up to two (2) presenters per presentation. For a panel, we will provide complimentary conference registration for up to three (3) panelists. Note: NC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals or other presentation-related expenses.
D. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
When filling out this form, be sure to provide all information requested and include bios for each proposed presenter. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.