NC HIMSS Scholarship for the 2020–2021 Academic Year
To provide recognition and financial assistance to a current NC HIMSS member toward their graduate-level program related to health management or health information technology.
Program Structure, Eligibility, and Award Criteria
NC HIMSS is offering a $2,500 scholarship for one chapter member to apply toward their graduate-level educational program.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate-level educational program related to health management or health information technology, such as:
- Health information management
- Health information technology
- Health management
- Clinical programs
- Business management
- Other program related to health information and technology management
- Participation is open to current NC HIMSS members (student or regular) residing in North Carolina enrolled in a graduate-level program at an accredited college or university.
- Eligibility for the scholarship will be based on the following criteria:
- Completed application
- Resume (including volunteer work)
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Brief essay (500-750 words)
- Grade point average of at least 3.0
- Official transcript(s)
- Current NC HIMSS member and North Carolina resident
- Attendance at 2019 NC HIMSS Annual Conference
- Application submission deadline: March 15, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Winner announced: 2020 NC HIMSS Annual Conference April 29-30th, 2020
- Scholarship paid to recipient’s university: August 2020
Recipients will be notified by mail and/or email. Please complete our online application by clicking the button below.
Awardee Benefits & Obligations
NC HIMSS will pay $2,500 directly to recipient’s university in August 2020. In return, the recipient will agree to
- Serve as designated NC HIMSS Student Liaison during 2020-2021 academic year
- Volunteer at least 15 hours with NC HIMSS from June 20, 2020 to June 30, 2021
- Attend the 2020 NC HIMSS Annual Conference (April 29-30, 2020)